The Latest... from the Highlander Band
- NEW ORLEANS BAND TRIP If you missed Tuesday's Booster and Trip meeting, here is a copy of Mr. Brumley's presentation.
- BAND YEARBOOK 2014-15 It's time to order your Highlander Band yearbook! Send the form and payment to Becky Lacour before May 15.
- PARENT PARTY Join us for our Spring Parent Party on Saturday, April 18th, 7:00-10:00pm, please contact Elizabeth Naylor to sign up to bring drinks and desserts.
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Highland Park HS Wind Symphony for finishing 2nd place out of 17 at Saturday's Meyerson Festival!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the HP Winter Guard for their outstanding performance on Saturday at the NTCA Championships! Our HP Winter Guard had the highest score of all 54 guards in their class and brought home a GOLD medal! WAY TO GO GUARD!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Highland Park HS Symphonic Band for earning stright 1's at the UIL 6A contest in Duncanville.
- NEW ORLEANS Spring Trip itinerary was presented at the HBB meeting on April 14th.
- BBQ WITH THE BAND 2014, AUCTION, RAFFLE, and BLUE OUT Thanks to our wonderful corporate sponsors: Peggy Sue's BBQ, Miller Grass Company, Southern Botanical, Mack O. Forrester & Company, Allie Beth Allman & Associates, and Breeze Energy.
- MAGAZINE SALES DRIVE - We will be holding the optional fundraiser in November this year when the kids are not so busy. If you have magazine subscriptions to renew now, please consider ordering them online through our vendor to earn money for our Kilt Fund. It is very easy! If you have questions, contact Julie Forrester at email@example.com.The website is www.gaschoolstore.com and the Store ID is 2688810.
- MARCH-A-THON 5K - Donate via PayPal here. Congratulations on exceeding the First Annual March-a-Thon GOAL! As a result, Mr. Brumley followed through with his pledge to shave off his goatee!
- Have receipts to turn in to the HBB treasurer? Print the reimbursement form here.
- CONGRATULATIONS - The Highlander Band had an AWESOME showing at the Preview of Champions Marching Competition in Mansfield on September 27th. The list of awards are as follows:
Outstanding Percussion, Class B ~ Outstanding Color Guard, Class B
Outstanding Musical Execution, Class B ~ Outstanding Visual Execution, Class B
1st Place in Class B during the preliminary round AND 4th Place in the finals!
- CONGRATULATIONS! Matthew West and Braden Wallace garnered impressive honors at the All-Region Jazz Band auditions, with Matthew earning 1st chair on drum set and Braden Wallace earning 2nd chair tenor trombone. Both students earned the opportunity to try out for the All-State Jazz Band. Congratulations to both for their outstanding work!
- New to the Highlander Band family? Veteran band families have written a handbook for freshman parents and new students to answer your questions, some you didn't even know to ask! You may also submit your questions via the Contact Us page.